Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Coop Swag and Eggs, Eggs Eggs

A chicken mom always has something to do in the chicken zone, well at least in my zone anyway.  I did my monthly coop clean on Saturday as I am having family in this coming week and I want to DAZZLE them with my coop and my chickens.  A clean coop is just a clean coop, who would even notice?  But you kick it up a notch and add some swag, people will notice.




Just a plain coop window
With a little fabric, a staple gun, scissors and some love this is what you can accomplish...........

A lovely window


Window #2
I had bought some marked down lace, cut it in half and then half again.  Stapled it above window (from under the fabric, so it would fall down over staples) Took my scissors and cut up the middle and then I cut some strips of a cut green primitive fabric for the tie backs. 

I also wanted to decorate the nesting boxes.

So cute!!


Love!!!!!!!!

For the boxes I took some fabric and cut it length wise, and staples it above the boxes as I had with the windows.  Then I cut vertically at each nest box divider, then vertically again in the center of each nesting box. They took some more strips of the green and made tie backs. 

Then I put fresh hay back into the coop, filled the waterers and food containers, they all were so excited to check it out.  Well except Will, he really could have cared less.

Eggs, eggs, eggs............... I have been saving eggs for when my family comes so they are equally as dazzled with eating eggs as I am. (I dazzle easily)  Yesterday when I got home I went out to gather eggs and was met with one.  One loan egg, at first I thought maybe B. already gathered them, then I remembered Saturday and the landscaped area of the chicken zone. (I found one egg and a broken egg)  So I walked over and this is what was waiting for me............

Four eggs laid in the wild


And this makes Five!

I do not know who is laying outside but believe you me, there is now a coop cam aimed right there!

Biggest bounty yet

My hatching eggs will be arriving this week, so the dazzling will continue when they see eggs incubating in my kitchen.  I~CANNOT~WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

My etsy shop is now open, I have a few bath and body and laundry items in so far.  Go check it out!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThePrimHen











No comments:

Post a Comment