Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Chickens, Celery and Crafts

I have become mildly obsessed with Will~I~Am.  Before I had chickens my thoughts on roosters merely added up to the cock~a~doodle~do they make.  In my neighborhood we have a few, I have no idea where they are and I am hoping that goes for everyone that hears Will do his shout out. I hope no one knows where he is. He is so handsome I just do not want to remove him from my flock.  Roosters have a serious job and he takes his responsibilities to heart. He is always on the look out for unsavory characters that may do harm to his girls, he is always roaming about making sure they are all OK and well.  He puts the smack down on Rogue almost daily, (and yet Rogue comes back almost daily) I think Rogue wants to belong so badly, and I don't mind, I will adopt him and feed him and love him and call him my own. But Will's main love is posing in front of my trail camera that is set up outside directed towards the front gate of the chicken zone.  He is literally in almost every shot, standing up on a pile of paver blocks as though he is standing court.

Will ~ I ~Am

Will

When I go out to check for eggs after work and say hello they all come running towards me.  They are used to the treats I often bring.  Will is always in the front of the pack but keeps his distance.  I want so bad to pick him up and snuggle him.

No snuggling allowed

I have ordered some hatching eggs ~ Six (6) Lavender Orpingtons, Six (6) New Hampshire Reds and Six (6) Salmon Faverolles.  They are shipping out to me next week and I am wanting to set them the 1st for a weekend hatch in March. 

Now for the garden........... CELERY!  Who knew really?  How flipping easy it is to grow celery?  Not me that's for sure.  We cut a few stalks off last night for tuna fish.

Celery

Very tasty celery

On the crafty front I have opened an Etsy store to sell some things I am making.  So far there is soap and sugar scrub up.  All natural, lovely smelling and quite nice. You can see my store here - The Prim Hen
I really enjoy making the soap, I thought it would be a challenge but it really is easy once you do your homework and you make sure you have all your supplies on hand.  The benefits of using homemade soaps are endless, all natural, no chemicals, your choice of smells and additions. 


Lavender Oatmeal Soap 

More flavors coming SOON!!!!

Lavender Sugar Scrub

I have also made an all natural Laundry Whip that I have been using and LOVE!  So clean and fresh. A fabric Softener is in the testing stages and some Prim Home Accents are in the works.

With the ONE year birthday of this little handsome man, time is limited with the planning of the party!

The Ring Master turning ONE!!!!

Thank you for visiting and come back soon!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment