Monday, August 27, 2012

Post Hurricane Isaac



Well we made it through the storm with little more then A LOT of rain and wind. My weekend garden plans were washed out though.  When I got home from work Friday we worked outside getting ready for the storm and trying to finish the run for the new girls. I weeded the garden and stored some "fly-able" items. Even though we have a 6' fence around the most of the yard things can still fly when the winds are kickin'.

We did however take lots of photos of crops, chickens and progress. In no particular order here is what we have.


Cabbage 1



Cabbage 2


Squash


New Tomatoes
The cabbage and squash are from the first planting - The cabbage both have larger then softball sized heads, the broccoli has not done much but gotten bigger.  The tomatoes are about three weeks old.

Herb Wall
I hung all my herb buckets on the fence.

New run 

Run side and front

Run
B is making a new run for the new girls so they can be outside next to Carrie and Miranda.

Carrie and Miranda

Here are some pictures of Jenny and Moe and Snow:
Jenny and Snow

Jenny and Moe

Jenny and Moe

Jenny (Silkie) Snow (front) and Moe

Also a picture of Jenny and Abby the day before Abby's passing 
Abby in the Front and Jenny behind her

And last but not least the last pictures of our wet weekend.  B made spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner. I was in charge of getting fresh herbs for the sauce, so armed with scissors and my rain coat I made a mad dash for the herb wall. 

Basil, Parsley and Oregano

And the simmering sauce:

SAUCE!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe one day the sauce will be made with our own home grown tomatoes!  Oh a girl can dream.  Once the weather dries a bit I will be in that garden, not that a soaker system is needed currently.

The eggs are all doing as expected.  Today is day 4. Tomorrow night ~ CANDLING!!!!!!!  With my nifty spifty Ovascope.

















No comments:

Post a Comment