Thursday, July 12, 2012

Three day old chicks

My little chicks are doing great!!! Although regulating the temperature in the brooder is a challenge we are fairing quite nicely.  I live in South Florida so it is already hot, but still hard to keep the temp in the "zone"
I took them outside for a bit last evening
They didn't really know what to do, just sat there and chirped.  The basket I put them under had handle holes big enough for them to scoot out of, so I panicked and took them back inside to their brooder.
WHAT??


I am gonna just sit here and be calm!


Hi my name is Jennifer


I am a happy chick!

They are Blue Silkies. Right now they are going by Jennifer and Abby. Jennifer because my sister wanted one named after her and Abby in honor of Abby Sciuto on NCIS! In the event they are Roos, 1) I will be sad and 2) I will relocate them to a place that is allowed to have roosters.

1 comment: