Monday, July 9, 2012

Houston ~ We have chicks!!!


Day 21 came and went with little more then the tiniest pip. Day 22 came with tons of events and activities.
Chick #1
Chicken #1 came yesterday about 5:38 PM. It was the most exciting thing I ever saw, minus my Grandson being born.
Oh I am exhausted!


Chick #2
They started to come a lot faster once they heard the chirping.  I also added in my own clucks and chirps to cheer them on.  It actually worked!!  When I clucked they were rocking like crazy.
Silkie #1

Silkie #1

Hi Mom! 
The last Silkie was hatched between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM today.

The Silkies are mine and the others are  http://www.citychickenkids.blogspot.com/ - hers are Cochin's - we hatched a white, and four mixed.

I wish I would have journaled it, but honestly that was the last thing I thought of.  All that time on my hands waiting and I didn't think to keep track of times and other info.

Tonight the Silkies are going into the brooder. City Chick picked her babies up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment